This is an add-on for Raspberry Pi that has combined LTE technologies Cat.M1, Cat.NB1 (NB-IoT) and eGPRS for Raspberry Pi, based on Quectel’s BG96 module. The shield has the power of the new IoT phenomenon LPWA (Low Power Wide Area) with Cat.M1 and NB-IoT connection functionalities. Besides, it also provides the function of eGPRS that be enhanced version of classical GPRS.
The module on the shield has GNSS (GPS, GLONASS, etc.) functionality for the need for location, navigation, tracking, mapping and timing applications.
The design has a built-in temperature, humidity, light sensors, 3-axis accelerometer, and relay. If you do not need these built-in features, you should take a look at Raspberry Pi Cellular IoT HAT.
The ancient 2G cellular network is now dying. New and better LTE technologies are being used instead. LTE Cat M1/Cat NB1(NB-IoT) is the latest way of the machine to machine communication. This LTE shield for your Raspberry Pi lets you connect the Raspberry to this new cellular networks thanks to the Quectel BG96 LTE module on it. It also provides the connection to eGPRS that is the enhanced version of classical GPRS.
Quectel BG96 is a series of LTE Cat M1/Cat NB1/EGPRS module offering a maximum data rate of 375Kbps downlink and 375Kbps uplink with worldwide coverage. The shield has built-in temperature, humidity, light sensors, a 3-axis accelerometer, a relay and more. This LTE add-on for Raspberry Pi also supports GNSS(GPS, GLONASS, etc.) for the need of getting location, navigation, tracking, mapping and timing applications.
- Fully compatible with Raspberry Pi models that have the 40-pin GPIO header (4, 3, 2, B+, A+, Zero)
- Supported Protocols: PPP/TCP/UDP/SSL/TLS/FTP(S)/HTTP(S)/NITZ/PING/MQTT
- Worldwide coverage with supported bands:
- Cat M1/Cat NB1:
- LTE FDD: B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B8/B12/B13/B18/B19/B20/B26/B28
- LTE TDD: B39 (For Cat M1 Only)
- EGPRS: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- Cat M1/Cat NB1:
- Embedded GNSS Functionality (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou/Compass, Galileo, QZSS)
- 12-Bit 4 Channel ADC
- 3-axis Accelerometer
- Humidity and Temperature Sensors
- Ambient Light Sensor
- Isolated Optocoupler Inputs
- 1-Wire Sensors Interface
- 3GPP E-UTRA Release 13, 3GPP TS27.007, 3GPP TS 27.005 and Quectel Enhanced AT Commands over UART port to Raspberry Pi is available
- Efficient and low quiescent current regulator circuit can hold up to 3.6A
- Can be used standalone with PC/Laptop over micro USB, without stacking with Raspberry Pi
- Micro SIM Card socket can easily reachable on the upside of the shield.
- Working temperature range: -30°C to +80°C
- Smart farming sensor
- Smart cities sensor
- Smart home sensor
- Internet of Things (IoT) sensor
- Smart door lock
- Smart lightning
- Smart metering
- Bike sharing
- Smart parking
- Smart city
- Security and asset tracking
- Home appliances
- Agricultural and environmental monitoring
Updated about a month ago