Before we jump into the tutorial, let us check all the items required for this is available with us and prepare our hardware.
Most of these are the parts you will receive when you order the Cellular Modem Kit with Quectel modules.
The goes as follows:
- Raspberry Pi (Model 3B+ and 4 are recommended)
- Sixfab 3G/4G & LTE Base HAT
- Quectel EC25/EG25 mini PCIe Module or Quectel UC20-G Mini PCle 3G Module
- LTE Full Band PCB Antenna
- LTE – GNSS Dual u.FL Antenna
- 40 pin header
- Right Angle Micro USB Cable
- Sixfab SIM
Make sure the right antenna is connected to the right port. Attach LTE full band PCB antenna/LTE connector of the LTE-GNSS dual antenna to the main Antenna interface/diversity antenna interface & GPS Antenna portion goes to the GNSS antenna interface.
Then open up a terminal and run the commands below. Expected outputs are as follow:
🌐 Internet Connection
Now we can proceed to establish an active internet connection.
Click on the appropriate tutorial from the tutorials section to set up the internet connection.