It is difficult to make IP54 level protective boxes. Especially if this box is going to be a generic box and many people use it in many different ways. But we worked on this and did our best to come up with smart solutions.
Raspberry Pi has many different sockets and the enclosure is not big, you should follow the instructions below for assembly.
- 1 x IP54 case with clear acrylic top cover
- 1 x Acrylic PCB base plate for the mounting interface between boards and case bottom
- 5 x IP54 certified cable insert (4x2mm, 4x3mm, 4x4mm, 4x6mm, 2x8mm) w plugs
- 1 x Insert Frame + Allen Key
- 4 x M5x30mm Stainless Steel Screw with plastic wall fixing plugs
- 6 x M3x7mm Stainless Steel Screw for fixing the base plate to the case bottom
- 2 x M5x25mm Stainless Steel Screw with Nuts
- 4 x M2.5x10mm Stainless Steel Screw for fixing Raspberry Pi to the base plate
- 4 x M2.5x6mm Stainless Steel Screw for board stacking
- 2 x M2.5x11mm Brass Standoff for board stacking
- 8 x M2.5 Stainless Steel Flat Washer
- 8 x M2.5 Stainless Steel Nut
- 8 x 400mm Heavy-duty zip-tie
The location of the raspberry pi will differ according to the cables and sockets you will use.
The plexi in the box is designed to provide almost all placement positions of the Raspberry Pi.
If there are cables that need to rotate in the placement in the box, choose them from the flexible ones or choose from the cables with 90 degree socket.
Mount the plexi with 2 screws.
- Determine a position in the box where the cables are most comfortable. You can mark this place with a marker, or it's easy to remember.
- Install the RPi fixing screws(2.5x10mm) in the position where you decide to fix the Raspberry Pi.
We can now freely fix the RPi at any time.
- Stick it on the box, paying attention to the screw holes.
- You can install the screws with an Allen key. It will be better if you can hold the nuts from the inside with pliers etc. while tightening.
In this way, only RPi is fixed. If you are going to use HAt with RPi, you can use standoff.
Check the holes of the inserts and if there is a dropping plug, place it.